Terms/ Cancellation and Refund Policy of Class
Terms of Class
- Student(s) is/ are required to present the email receipt or copy of enrollment for verification on the date of class.
- Student(s) should attend the class punctually. The latecomer(s) should catch up with the class on his/her own.
- Any party without paying the tutorial fee should wait outside the tutorial area during class. If any party must accompany with, waiting for or taking care of the student(s), such party must pay additional tuition fees.
- Video recording is prohibited during class. Should there is any prohibition, Cooktown has the rights to request for the deletion of the files or terminate the tutorial.
- Any student absent from class at his/her own decision shall be deemed to be abandon the class voluntarily. No make-up class or refund of tuition fees shall be arranged.
- Each student who join the parent-child class is allowed to participate with a child aged 6 to 12 together (The difficulty of part of the classes will be amended subject to the age of the child). If any addition of the number of adults or children is needed, additional tuition fees should be paid.
- If any student suffers from food allergy, self-evaluation should be made to judge the suitability of the participation of the related class, or you can contact Cooktown at 3708 8041 to seek advice of ingredients of the class for reference. Cooktown shall not be responsible for any symptoms arising from food allergy.
- Should any appliances or facilities are damaged due to negligence or willful misconduct, the related party must repay in full price.
- Student must ensure the safety of his/ her accompany children and protect personal properties. Cooktown shall not be responsible for any occurrence of accidents.
- Cooktown may take photographs for students or their works during class for record or promotional purposes.
Change of Class
- Should any members need to reschedule the class applied, please submit the application to Cooktown at 3708 8041.
- Members shall apply for the reschedule of the class within 72 hours commencing from the enrollment. The time gap between the submission of reschedule and the enrollment of class should not be more than 72 hours, otherwise, no application shall be accepted.
- Should there is insufficient applicants for opening the class, Cooktown shall notify the students enrolled about the cancellation of the class by phone. Students can enroll another schedule of such class with the receipt.
- No handling fees shall be collected for the change of the class schedule, however, the change of class is subject to the quota and can be arranged only once.
- Should the application of the change of class is accepted, the member shall receive a confirmation email.
- Should any situations fail to fulfil the conditions of the change of the class schedule, Cooktown reserves the rights for final decision.
Cancellation of Class
- The application of cancellation of class is only allowed for the class purchased by membership points. No class purchased by other payment methods (including but not limited to online transactions of credit cards/ debit cards, offline transactions of cash/ credit cards/ debit cards, or bank transfer) can be cancelled.
- Should any member requires to cancel the class enrolled, the member shall submit the application to Cooktown at 3708 8041.
- Members shall apply for the reschedule of the class within 48 hours commencing from the enrollment. The time gap between the submission of reschedule and the enrollment of class should not be more than 48 hours, otherwise, no application shall be accepted.
- No handling fees shall be collected for the cancellation of class.
- Should the application of the cancellation of class is accepted, the member shall receive a confirmation email. All points used for the purchase of the class will be returned to the membership account within 72 hours.
- Should any situations fail to fulfil the conditions of the cancellation of class, Cooktown reserves the rights for final decision
Points Offer Package
- The member purchase discount package is valid for one year from the date of purchase.
- Should any member is willing to exchange the outstanding unused points to cash (the “Refund”), please submit the application to Cooktown at 3708 8041.
- We shall arrange the Refund for the outstanding unused membership points, however, the handling fees of 15% of the amount of the Refund will be charged.
- Once the application of the Refund is approved, members shall receive a confirmation email for verification of the Refund which states the terms of Refund.
Method of Refund: Refund will be returned by cheque. Members must collect the Refund in person by presenting the confirmation email at Cooktown (G/F, 93 Jervois Street, Sheung Wan) for identity verification.
Bad Weather Arrangement
- If typhoon signal no. 8 (or above) or a black rainstorm warning is in force during class, classes already in progress will continue.
- If typhoon signal no. 8 (or above) or a black rainstorm warning is issued by Hong Kong Observatory, classes within the next 2 hours after the warning is issued will be conducted as scheduled. It students fail to attend the classes due to the influence of bad weather, further arrangement will be made subject to Cooktown’s final decision. (For example: If Hong Kong Observatory issues typhoon signal no. 8 at 12:00 noon, classes scheduled at 1:00 p.m. will be conducted on time but classes scheduled at 2:00 p.m. or thereafter will be cancelled).
- If typhoon signal is lowered to No. 3 or below or the black rainstorm warning is cancelled 3 hours before the commencement of classes, classes will be conducted as scheduled.
- Should you have any doubts, please feel free to contact Cooktown at 3708 8041.